dbTrends for Oracle
dbTrends for Oracle AWR and STATSPACK product is our innovative and very popular software product for Oracle database performance tuning and monitoring based on performance data gathered by Oracle engines as STATSPACK and Automatic Workload Repository (AWR). This unique software is the next generation of our world-known and popular products as former Statspack Viewer Enterprise. The dbTrends product based on STATSPACK provides cost-effective database monitoring and tuning solution for companies which do not have very expensive Oracle tuning and diagnostic packs licenses required to access AWR. dbTrends is also powerful solution for large enterprises to monitor and tune many Oracle databases from a single point using advanced AWR performance data. dbTrends provides much more insights into AWR and STATSPACK performance data comparing with standard Oracle Enterprise Manager or third party vendors and allows to quickly identify performance trends and issues by comparing "good" and "bad" intervals of database operation. dbTrends is an ideal software tool for Oracle consultaning companies which manage remote customers' databases. dbTrends provides unique functionality to compare and analyze standard text performance reports generated by Oracle AWR and STATSPACK tools. In this case, dbTrends monitors and tunes database performance using text STATSPACK and AWR reports provided by remote customers. This feature is extremely useful when you monitor and tune remote databases to which you do not have direct access. This situation is very common for IT consulting companies which remotely consult and tune customer's databases.
The latest dbTrends release 1.3 introduces a new great SQL performance and trend analysis capability based on new SQL profiles feature. SQL profiles are named sets of SQL statements running on your Oracle databases. You are able to define SQL profiles based on various criteria of your Oracle applications like schema names, database objects patterns, application modules and action names. Using this unique SQL monitoring feature, Oracle database administrators are able to continuously monitor SQL performance and response time of critical business applications. By generating trend reports and charts for SQL profiles, Oracle DBAs can quickly assess the overall application performance and application/database response times and identify causes of application performance issues.
- dbTrends is based on performance data gathered by standard Oracle database engines as STATSPACK and AWR. No additional agent software is required on your database for monitoring. No additional overhead is placed on production databases being monitored.
- dbTrends uses the following approach to monitor and tune Oracle databases performance: you can easily and quickly compare two different time intervals of database operation: baseline and comparison. Typically, baseline represents time interval when database operation had good response time and performance. When your database experiences some performance degradation, you choose this bad interval as comparison time interval and compare it with good baseline. By comparing baseline and comparison time intervals, you can quickly identify what performance statistics and areas influence this performance degradation. After you have this information, you can quickly find root cause of performance issues like SGA memory problem, I/O datafile bottleneck, SQL execution plan change, etc.
- dbTrends is cost-effective solution for Oracle database monitoring and tuning. dbTrends license cost is much cheaper comparing with license costs of Oracle tuning and diagnostic packs and third party vendors which require access to AWR data structures. Therefore, dbTrends and free STATSPACK provide very cost-effective and complete monitoring solution for Oracle databases.
- Registered customers are eligible for free of charge technical support and software upgrade service. No maintenance and additional fees are required.
- dbTrends provides much more insights and analysis of AWR or STATSPACK performance data comparing with standard functionality available in Oracle Enterprise Manager or third party solutions.
- dbTrends is a best solution for day-to-day Oracle database monitoring, tuning and performance analysis and reporting for large enterprises. Oracle database administrators are able from a single console monitor and compare performance with baselines for many production databases. dbTrends can also automate performance reports generation for management and publishing it on Web or sending to e-mails.
Software RequirementsClient operating systemsWindows 95/98/ME, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP, Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 Oracle database versions
- AWR 10.1.0, 10.2.0, 11.1.0, 11.2.0, 12.1.0, 12.2.0
- STATSPACK 8.1.7, 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10.1.0, 10.2.0, 11.1.0, 11.2.0, 12.1.0, 12.2.0